Now we've got the ball rolling we just need to do a few things to 'tidy house' before we get the rest of your Class or School on Classlist!
In this section we will discuss how to:
- Finalise your School Structure.
- Set up the 'My School' page.
- Invite even more Pioneers
- Start Communicating on Classlist
Time Needed: 1 - 2 Weeks
You Will Need:
- The names and emails of a few 'go getters' at your shcool.
- A picture of your school logo & a nice picture of your school in action
1. Finalise your School Structure
In the previous stage, you may have simply set up a single Class / Year on Classlist. Before you get going, you will need to replicate every Class/Year you intend to use on Classlist.
- Years can contain multiple Classes. Each Year can have multiple classes within it.
- Years with no Classes count as Classes. Years without Classes in can be joined directly. This is perfect for schools that operate with a single Class in each year.
2. Setting up your 'My School' page
The 'My School' section contains details on your school, you may have already visited this page while promoting your users in the previous stage.
- Navigate to the 'My School' page found on the Ambassador side of Classlist. This page contains a number of useful, editable details about your school.
- Upload your school logo and a photo. This adds a personal touch to your site, you can also edit other details on the page, such as 'Useful links' or even add a message to the parents.
3. Extend your membership base with 15 new 'Pioneers'.
Now that you and your team have become accustomed to Classlist you can start branching out to some of the other 'movers and shakers' around the school. You could try targeting a particularly active class or approach a few parents from each class (maybe some of the Class Reps want to join?).
The ideal pioneer is:
- Already active in the school community
- Tech savvy (or at least tech competent)
- A natural trendsetter
Tip: Why not invite everyone to a coffee morning via Classlist a week after they sign up. It would be a great chance to see how everyone is getting on!
Make sure your pioneers have completed their profiles by adding a photo and their pupils. To do this direct them to their Profile Page.
4. Start Communicating on Classlist.
Classlist offers numerous ways in which to communicate with other parents, from a simple private message to paid events!
We have a number of Community Guidelines, which exist simply to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable experience; aside from this, you are free to use Classlist how you see fit. If you would like some ideas on engaging content take a look at this page, or visit our forum to see what other parents are doing!
- Post to the Parent Board. This is a quick and effective way to communicate to the whole school or a select group of parents. Posts can contain text, emojis and pictures.
- Post or Browse in Marketplace. This works like a virtual noticeboard. Parents can let others know they have goods for sale or are interested in buying something in particular. Parents can also post recommendations or requests for services such as babysitters.
- Create a Private Event. Use Classlist to create events and invite others parents or even entire Classes. Perfect for birthday parties or playdates. Parents can also create a paid ticketed event using PayPal, should the need arise.
- Send an Announcement. Announcements get sent as an email and appear on Classlist, making them an effective way of communicating important messages to a large group. Announcements even get sent to 'Invited Parents' who have not yet signed up to Classlist, so no-one will miss out!
- Creating a Community Event. Much like a private event, Community Events can be created by admin users. They can include every group from the school and invites can even be sent out to the whole school. The invites are also 'open' so any parents who join an invited Class/Year after the invite was sent out will also be invited.
- Send a Private Message. Classlist can be used to send private messages to parents too. Parents can even set up multiple 'Conversations' with the same people, separated by discussion topics. Great if you want to keep PTA discussion separate from 'General Chit Chat'.