Now we have the 'heavy hitters' on board it's time to get some early pioneers active on the site, this will pave the way for others to get on board; the more people active on your school's site, the more successful it will be!
In this section we will discuss how to:
- Bring the PTA onboard
- Create a welcome post in your Admin Group
- Get the head teacher's support.
You Will Need:
- A way to contact your head
1. Bring the PTA onboard.
If your school has a PTA getting them on-board can be one of the most crucial steps in getting your school's Classlist site up and running. Think of it as a digital extension of the PTA, with each member contributing in their own way you will be able to build something truly amazing; making your lives easier and, more importantly providing an incredibly versatile tool for your parents.
- Remember, every PTA is different. There is no one method to introducing Classlist to the PTA. You will know the parents at your school better than we ever could, so go with what you think will work best.
- Inform them of the benefits. Focus on all the good that can come from Classlist. The effortless parent-to-parent communication, easy ticket transaction and incredibly useful parent marketplace are all good starts. Not to mention easy access to contact details for all parents at the school.
- Use our resources. We have a number of resources that your can give to your PTA so that they can see all of the benefits themselves.
- Demonstrate. Don't be afraid to give a little demonstration of Classlist. If you've downloaded the app you can even show your PTA Classlist on your mobile.
2. Create a welcome post in your Admin Group.
Each and every Admin user gets automatically placed into the 'Ambassador and Class Rep' group. This is the perfect place for you to communicate with the other Admin users when you need to do so. Only members of this group can see the posts within it.
- To post in the group go to the Parent Board page (Home button on parent part of Classlist). You can write a post and choose the group
- You can rename this group if you like. If you would like to rename the group from Ambassadors & Reps to something more appropriate for your school, go to 'Groups' on the Admin part. You can find it under the Community tab. Simply click the group and click 'Edit Group Name'. You can also add/remove members from this page.
- More info on groups can be found here
3. Get the head teacher's support.
Whilst Classlist is a completely 'Parent-led' initiative it can be beneficial to have a head teacher's support when launching the site. There are even a number of ways that the school can benefit by getting on board with Classlist, such as improved parental engagement, which is an Ofsted measure.
- Speak to your Head if you think it would help. Many Classlist sites operate successfully without a head's input, so do not worry if you cannot or do not wish to contact your head.
- Demonstrate. Much like getting the PTA on board, make sure to give a demonstration of Classlist. You can even use some of our resources, which explain how Classlist can benefit schools.
- Arrange a phone call. You are more than welcome to arrange a phone call with one of our Super Ambassadors, to arrange this, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.