Your parent community is now truly alive thanks to all of your hard work! Now you get to experience all the perks of an active and attentive Classlist community.
Below are just a few tricks that will ensure your Classlist site is a long-term success!
- Ask parents to create content.
- Create some community groups.
- Follow up the parents who have not yet signed in.
You Will Need:
- Some great ideas on how to shape your community
- Some good friends who aren't afraid to have their voices heard
1. Creating Content
Classlist isn't just a way for you to talk to your parents, it's a way for your parents to communicate with each other. For a truly connected community, make sure everyone feels like they can share their voice on Classlist's uniquely parent-centric platform.
- Lead other Classlist users by example. Some parents might feel a little tentative when they first sign up. Make sure you and a few other parents post and comment regularly, letting other parents know that they can do the same.
- Informative, interesting, fun. Classlist is all about parent life. You don't just need to post about school-related topics. Share your life-advice, which gadgets have improved your life recently or just share a funny picture of a cat.
2. Create some Community Groups
Community groups are like classes, allowing a group of parents to communicate. Community groups are a great way to connect like-minded parents, as anyone can join them!
- Community groups can be about anything. Dog walking, the PTA volunteer group or even a group to share recipe ideas. Try asking your parents to discuss what kind of groups they would like, be as inventive as you like.
- Size doesn't matter. Don't worry about whether a group will have lots of members. Different groups serve different causes, you can create as many as you like.
- To create groups go to the Community on the Admin Menu and choose Groups. Here are more details
3. Follow up the parents who have not yet signed in
There could be many reasons why a parent hasn't yet signed up to Classlist. Now is the perfect chance to chase them up, here are a few tricks to help.
- Rely on the 'Fear of Missing Out'. No-one likes to be left behind. Let the stragglers know that there's a lot of interesting discussions happening on Classlist and they might miss out on things if they don't sign up.
- Use your Class Admins. You don't have to do the work alone. Ask your Class Admins to help you out, they can talk to the parents in their classes on a one-to-one level. They could even give a little Classlist demonstration.
4. Keep up the good work!
By now you and your school parents should be really seeing the benefits of using Classlist! The more active the site feels, the more active it will become. As long as you give the parents a reason to visit, they will begin to create their own content, keeping everything fresh and exciting!
Congratulations from the Classlist Team.