Your parent community is now truly alive thanks to all of your hard work! Now you get to experience all the perks of an active and attentive Classlist community.
Below are just a few tricks that will ensure your Classlist site is a long-term success!
- Ask parents to create content.
- Create some parent groups.
- Follow up the parents who have not yet signed in.
You Will Need:
- Some great ideas on how to shape your community
- Some good friends who aren't afraid to have their voices heard
1. Creating Content
Classlist isn't just a way for you to talk to your parents, it's a way for your parents to communicate with each other. For a truly connected community, make sure everyone feels like they can share their voice on Classlist's uniquely parent-centric platform.
- Lead other Classlist users by example. Some parents might feel a little tentative when they first sign up. Make sure you and a few other parents post and comment regularly, letting other parents know that they can do the same.
- Informative, interesting, fun. Classlist is all about parent life. You don't just need to post about school-related topics. Share your life-advice, which gadgets have improved your life recently or just share a funny picture of a cat.
2. Create some Parent Groups
Parent groups work like classlists, allowing a group of parents with a common interest to communicate with each other. Parent groups can be open (anyone can join themselves) or closed (require approval from group owner) and are a visible to all parents.
- Parent groups can be about anything. Dog walking, the PTA volunteer group or even a group to share recipe ideas. Try asking your parents to discuss what kind of groups they would like; be as inventive as you like.
- Size doesn't matter. Don't worry about whether a group will have lots of members. Different groups serve different causes, you can create as many as you like.
- To create groups go to the Parent Board on the blue side and click 'Create Group'. Here are more details
3. Follow up the parents who have not yet signed in
There could be many reasons why a parent hasn't yet signed up to Classlist. Now is the perfect chance to chase them up, here are a few tricks to help.
- Rely on the 'Fear of Missing Out'. No-one likes to be left behind: organise an event through Classlist and make sure the details are only available there, but signpost it in your previous communication channels like the school newsletter, bookbags or Facebook. Encourage comments and chat on discussion threads to get people talking in the playground so that the stragglers realise they might miss out on things if they don't sign up.
- Use your Class Reps. You don't have to do the work alone. Ask your Admin users to help you out, they can talk to the parents in their classes on a one-to-one level. They could even give a little Classlist demonstration.
4. Keep up the good work!
By now you and your school parents should be really seeing the benefits of using Classlist! The more traffic the site sees, the more active your parent community will become. As long as you give the parents a reason to visit, they will begin to create their own content, keeping everything fresh and exciting!
Congratulations from the Classlist Team.