Welcome to Classlist: the app for safe, secure parent-to-parent communication. Classlist offers a number of features that will make your life easier, from arranging lifts to simply letting you share contact details with other parents at your children's schools.
This overview will briefly explain what classlist is, and how to use it. If you would like more detailed information on each of the features, just click here.
What does Classlist offer?
- A platform to communicate with other parents
- A simple way to invite other parents to events
- A virtual Marketplace where you can buy and sell goods with other parents
- A way to easily receive notifications from your school and/or PTA
- Easily accessible contact details for other parents at your school, should you need them
- Safety and security
During sign-up to your school's site you will have been asked to add the pupils you have at the school. This step is important for two reasons; firstly it helps the other Parent Administrators at the school approve you quickly and effectively, secondly it sets you up in the Classlist Grouping system.
When you log into Classlist you will see the Parent Board. This is the most active area of Classlist and displays posts from other parents. You will be able to post to, and see posts from, other parents in the same groups as you (ie whole school, class etc). Announcements from your PTA and posts to the Marketplace will also appear here.
We have a created a set of Community Guidelines which exist simply to make sure that everyone has an enjoyable experience; aside from this, you are free to use Classlist how you see fit.
Classlist offers multiple options for communicating with parents so you can always aim your message at the right audience. Here are a few of the most common:
- Creating a Post on the Parent Board. This is a quick and effective way to communicate to the whole school or a specific group of parents. Posts can contain text, emojis and pictures.
- Selling, giving away or buying via the Marketplace. This works like a virtual noticeboard or listings page: you can also post recommendations and wanted requests, such as your opinion of a new film release or that you need a regular babysitter.
Important: by default posts to the marketplace and the whole school only get emailed once a week in the Classlist weekly digest, so if you need a babysitter the same day try posting to your class or year group instead!
- Setting up an event. You can organise events ranging from your child's birthday party to a parents' night out. You can even arrange payment for tickets or restaurant deposits - all you need is a paypal account.