There are 2 ways to add documents which will remain on the site for parents to access repeatedly, such as PTA minutes, copies of previous newsletters, school uniform order forms etc,
1 Helpful links
To add items to helpful links go to - admin side - school profile - helpful links, then copy and paste a web address or google docs address into the space for a URL and enter a title. The add button will turn orange allowing you to click on it and add the link.
In the 'Helpful Links' section you can add a web link to a file-sharing site. For example with Google Docs.
Steps for sharing with Google Docs
- click anywhere in the 'get link' section for the dropdown menu
- then choose choose 'Anyone with the link'
- Select Copy Link
For more info on how to use Google Docs please click here.
2 Create a new attachments group
- Set up an open group for attachments called something like 'school documents'
- Then create a post or announcement with an attachment
- Send or post it to the 'school documents' group
As an open group anyone will be able to look into the group and see what has been posted. Alternatively if you want to limit who can see the attachments, set up a closed group and add the relevant people.
If you want to attach a document to a specific Announcement, click here to find out how.
Article is closed for comments.