QR codes will be coming soon to Classlist ticketed community events!
Where can guests find their tickets?
- On the event page under “View my tickets” on the mobile app (version 7.0.0. or above).
- On the download option which allows them to “save as PDF” on both mobile and desktop. This can be useful if you have an event where the children are attending without their parents, such as a children’s cinema during the school day.
- In a confirmation email. In the case of public guests, the email is the only place members of the public can locate their ticket confirmation details.
What to do if a guest cannot find their QR code?
- If the guest is a parent at your school, it will be helpful for future events if you show them where to find their tickets on the app and to encourage them to keep the app up-to-date for the best experience.
- You can also use the “Manual check-in” feature on the Guest List scanner. This allows you to view the entire list of guests and to search the list by name.
Who can use the Classlist QR Code Guest List Scanner?
- Any admin assigned as event organiser to the event in question.
- Admin users with the mobile app version 7.0.0. or above.
- Any staff event organiser for the event in question.
- The admin view of the event page, as well as the scanner dashboard lists all the event organisers so you can see who will be able to check people in. - You can always go back and manage the event to add additional organisers as needed.
How do I scan the tickets with QR codes?
Tip: Make sure you are an event organiser for the ticketed community event in question and you are on the latest version of the app.
- Visit the event page on the parent app.
- Tap the “Guests” tab.
- Tap “Check-in”. This will launch the scanner.
- Tap the “Scan” button. This opens the scan mode.
- Line up the square corners with the QR code. If the QR code is for the event in question, it will load a page with that guest’s booking details.
- You can select all or just one of the tickets, tap “Check in” and move on to the next guest.
How do I know how many people have been checked in?
- It gives the total number of bookings (each one may have one or more tickets)
- It gives the list of ticket-types created with a count of checked in / total
- A progress bar gives you a visual indicator of how many have been checked in already.
Will I be able to see ticket questions and answers?
Yes, if your school uses ticket questions to know about allergies and other booking information, simply scan or search and tap to see the guest’s booking. If questions were added to the tickets, simply tap “Show answers” and the page will expand.
The guest does not have a QR code on their tickets
- If a public guest has not got an email with a QR code, this is possibly because they bought their tickets before the QR code scanner was released. You can use “Manual check-in” for these guests, cross-checking the name and ticket count with the email they received.
- If a parent has not got a QR code on their tickets, they may be on an older version of the app or may not have installed it yet. If they update or install the app, they will see the QR codes. Alternatively, you will be able to use manual check-in.
I cannot find where to launch the scanner
- Check you are on the latest version of the app.
- Check you are assigned as event organiser.
- Go to the event page and view the “Guests” tab. Tap “Check in”
The QR code gives an error
- Check the QR code is for a Classlist event
- Check light conditions
- Check the ticket is for the right event
- Check the details against the manual check-in Guest List and use this option if you’re satisfied it is the right person.
What happens if I check the wrong ticket in by mistake?
On the guest’s booking, you will find the option to “Undo check-in” for all tickets already checked-in.
You can use this “Undo check-in” option when necessary. This will revert the status of that specific ticket to not-yet-checked-in. It will not refund any payment associated. In order to avoid any error, it is not possible to do a bulk undo check-in action.
How can I try it out?
Set up a ticketed community event and either invite a specific group such as Ambassadors & Reps or publish without sending invites.
Add some free test tickets. Ask your friends and associates to get tickets.
Make some additional people event organisers and give it a go.
If you delete the free test tickets, the bookings will still be visible on the scanner dashboard, but they won’t be visible to parents.