Permissions and Responsibilities: Class Admins and School Ambassadors
The main parent Admins who help to run a Classlist site are divided into Class Admins and Ambassadors. These roles are usually assigned to parents who are likely to be active in the PTA or school community. Other roles such as Community Rep and School Staff also exist.
For a summary of the roles of each of these account types, please click here.
Class Admins can:
- Invite new parents & track their membership status.
- Approve new parents.
- De-activate/re-activate existing accounts.
- Generally moderate other parents behaviour - removing inappropriate content etc.
- Send announcements and community events to their class or year group, as well as any groups they are a member of. Announcements also go to any non-members in these groups who have been invited but have not yet joined.
Ideally, each class will be represented by a parent Class Admin from that class. However a parent from another class can be assigned as Class Admin if no parents from the class are able to act as Class Admin.
School Ambassador. Ambassadors, often the parent or PTA member who initially signed up with Classlist at their school, are responsible for setting up and maintaining Classlist for their school. On top of the features available to a Class Rep, a School Ambassador can:
- Add new Admin users or assign roles to existing users.
- Send announcements to the entire school or more specific combinations of parents.
- Use the School Structure tool to define the class structure of a school's Classlist platform.
- Set up community groups for parents and put parents in those groups
- Take a leadership role of Classlist in general.
Both Ambassadors and Class Admins also have responsibility for verifying new parents before approving their accounts. It is important that only genuine parents at your school are approved to join Classlist.
Click here for help on assigning admin roles to parents and school staff.