Permissions and Responsibilities: Class Reps and School Ambassadors
The parent Admins who help to run a Classlist site are divided into Class Reps and Ambassadors. These will typically be parents who are already involved in the PTA or school community.
For more information on the roles of each of these account types, please click here.
Class Rep: Class Reps are given a few handy tools to help with the smooth running of a School's Classlist. Class Reps are able to:
- Invite new parents & track their membership status.
- Approve new parents.
- Disable/re-enable existing accounts.
- Generally moderate other parents behaviour - removing inappropriate content etc.
- Send announcements and community events, which go to the non-members you have invited but haven't yet joined, as well as the parents who have already joined.
Ideally, each Class with parents using Classlist will be represented by a Class Rep from the class. However any parent can be assigned to any class as Class Rep to enable approvals to be done.
School Ambassador: Ambassadors, often the parent or PTA member who initially signed up with Classlist at their school, are responsible for setting up and maintaining Classlist for their school. On top of the features available to a Class Rep, a School Ambassador can:
- Add new Admin users or assign roles to existing users.
- Send announcements to the entire school or more specific combinations of parents.
- Use the School Structure tool to define the class structure of a school's Classlist platform.
- Set up community groups for parents and put parents in those groups
- Take a leadership role of Classlist in general.
Both Ambassadors and Class Reps also have the responsibility of verifying new parents before approving their accounts. It is important that only genuine parents at your school are approved to join Classlist.
Assigning Class Rep, Community Rep or Ambassador status to parents
Once a parent has joined and been approved you can assign them Class Rep, Community Rep or Ambassador status. This can be done in one of two ways. You can find the individual parent through the 'Manage Parents' page, select them and then click 'Change Ambassador Status'.
Alternatively, you can visit the 'Manage School' page and assign them from here by clicking on the the appropriate pink + symbols.
For more advice on managing your Administrators, as well as information on adding School Staff to Classlist, please visit this page.