Classlist was designed from the ground up for the specific communication needs of a school community. Below are some of the key benefits Classlist offers today for school parents as compared to class mailing lists:
- Preparing spreadsheets or Word documents can be a hassle for the PTA and Class Reps; it can take a long time for everybody to sign up and details are continually changing. Classlist is instead built on real profile pages, making possible to get to know the person behind the name.
- Classlist provides its users with the ability to instantly message one another in a dedicated school environment.
- Classlist allows for sub-groups to be created, allowing parents who share common interests to communicate effectively.
- Email settings can be adjusted based on the types of messages parents wish to receive. Parents can choose to receive emails about each new post, view activity in a weekly digest or turn off emails and just check the website for new posts from parents.
- Classlist provides event functionality with the ability to create paid/unpaid tickets as well as an RSVP feature.
Importantly however, Classlist provides the ability to communicate sensitive information in a secure way.
With Classlist, parents enter their own data through a fully-managed secure platform, using up-to-date industry security protocols. You can choose what information to share, who to share it with and change it whenever you want. On top of this, our site operators have the ability to control access, manage users, and detect attacks, offering far greater security for the whole school community. If any parent is found not respecting another's privacy they will be removed from the site.
Classlist is a UK PTA approved supplier and is data protection registered.