Classlist's interface draws on a few elements from conventional social media to help our users navigate around however, Classlist has been designed securely with the school community in mind, and as such is very different to Facebook!
Here are the reasons why:
- Classlist is a private community for your school, accessible only by parents at your school.
- Classlist is Data Protection registered and we will only allow other parents in your own year groups to see your contact details.
- Classlist provides a private group for each class and year group, making it easier to communicate on a personal level.
- You can easily create groups for Christmas Fair Volunteers, Dog walkers or anything that would be beneficial to your school community.
- Classlist notifications don't get mixed in with parents' social notifications, so they are less likely to get missed!
- Classlist has tons of features Facebook doesn't have; such as PTA newsletters and a School Run Map!
- We do not sell information to advertisers.
- We do not place Google Ads or use any other online advertising software to crawl your data and place adverts. We only place ads from local suppliers who we feel may be of genuine interest to you.
- Facebook doesn't offer an encrypted parent-child directory including address details.
- Facebook is not Data Protection registered.
- Many schools and PTAs have a single Facebook group, so it is not possible to filter or shield information to be shared only with a limited of number of parents.
- Notifications from can get mixed in with a parent's social notifications,meaning they may be missed.