Classlist is a web-based social network that enables parents within a school to contact each other easily, create interest-based communities, and organise events. Parents, site admin users and PTAs work together through a secure, private site to make the job of parenting easier.
Using Classlist you can
- Quickly inform parents about class events and social get-togethers as well as organise kids' birthday parties or arrange playdate pick-up details, all accessible on the go.
- Share contact details safely to immediately connect with your school community.
- Reach other parents directly about everything from missing homework to recommended babysitters or teen party ground rules.
- Take the stress out of the school run with our Parent Map.
- Find, sell and give away everything from school books to sofas using our Marketplace service.
- Create and distribute newsletters to the entire school using our easy-to-use announcements tool.
- Manage events with automated ticketing options. Perfect for both fundraising and socialising.
- Rest easy knowing that Classlist offers these services on an incredibly secure platform fully compliant with the Data Protection Act.
Classlist is typically run by parent representatives with admin rights (Class Admins) working alongside the PTA, with you the parent in mind. The business itself was set up by two school-parents who wanted to bring the pen-and-paper era of the class directory into the modern world.