Classlist is as easy to use as Facebook or email, but you may find the occasional parent who professes that they are a technophobe. Here are a few tips to build up their confidence:
- Offer to meet and help them register (NB you cannot register for someone else due to Data Protection Regulations).
- Add the Classlist icon to their phone’s Home screen to make it easy for them to access the site.
- Check they have enabled autofill password in their phone's settings.
- Send them a private message while you are with them and help them reply.
- Show them the events page so they know how to RSVP to an event.
- Explain that the Home page will show posts from all their groups and classes.
- It could always be worth setting up a small meeting for parents who believe they might struggle, this gives them a chance to practice using Classlist while you provide demonstrations.
If they really won't join, you could still get their email and 'invite' them. This will sign them up as a 'Non-Member'. Whist they remain 'Non-Member' they will receive emails notifying them of announcements and community events if you have invited them.
Article is closed for comments.