Community groups are a great way of supporting and enhancing your parent community. They can be set up by any parent or admin from the 'Discover Groups' page.
Common groups include 'Christmas Fair Team', 'Dog walkers', 'Pub Nights' - anything that suits your school!
Groups can be used to help organise your PTA, bring together parents in a specific geographical area, for a volunteers group, and they can also be based around interest groups within the school.
Groups make it easy for members to communicate. Posts from community groups are displayed on the Parent Board like any other posts, and the posts are visible only to members of the group. Posts to community groups are also notified to parents in the same way as posts to years and classes are - by email and by app notification.
- Choose 'Create Group' and add a group name and description and photo
- NB All parents can see the group name and photo on the Discover Groups page.
- You can choose whether the group is 'open' (anyone can join anytime) or closed (parents can ask to join but need to be approved).
- Add some members. You can add and remove more people later.
- Parents will see which groups they have been added to on their Home Page. They can leave a community group anytime.
- Posts to a community group will show on a parent's Home page wall and will also be emailed to group members, and notified via the app.
- You can also invite a whole group to an event, and admins can send announcements to groups.
Please note that replies to a post are only emailed to the original poster. This keeps email traffic to a minimum. Other parents can visit the group if they want to see replies to a post.