Important: We are currently experiencing some issues with PayPal no longer processing credit card payments. To ensure you get your tickets, please checkout using a PayPal account. (If you don't have one it's quick to set one up!). We're sorry for the inconvenience and are working on finding a solution.
How it should work:
When you set up a paid event, funds are transferred from the Purchaser to the Event Owner via Paypal and do not pass through Classlist's accounts.
The transaction will appear on the purchaser and the Event Owner's Paypal statement.
If you have an existing Paypal account:
- If purchasers already have a Paypal account and Paypal recognises your card number or email address then you will be offered 'Pay by Paypal' as an option.
- Paypal limits the number of times members can pay by card without logging in. They may require you to login if you have made several payments by card without logging in. For European Union countries, only 10 'guest' payments are allowed per card.
- If you do not want to login, try using a different credit card. The restriction is for security and fraud protection purposes.
If you don't have a PayPal account
- You could previously pay by debit or credit card via the PayPal Check Out.
NB: we are aware this option is not currently available from PayPal. We are looking for a solution but in the meantime to buy tickets you will need to have a PayPal account.
- If you don't have a Paypal account, but have used your card to pay by Paypal several times across different websites, Paypal may require you to open a Paypal account.
- The restriction is for security and fraud protection purposes.
If you have trouble paying
- please log on to Paypal separately and check your card details are up to date. Paypal may require you to add your CSC code to your Paypal account, which it didn't always previously require (the 3 digits on the back of card)
- PayPal issues a wide range of payment status notices (for examples see image below). For more info check Paypal's help pages.
Other issues include
- PayPal may think you are logged in (Stored Cookies). Sometimes PayPal thinks that you are signed into PayPal, and therefore won’t let you use your card. To get around this, clear the cache of your internet browser and try once more. If you don’t know how to clear your cache, here is a helpful resource. http://www.refreshyourcache.com/
- Credit Card has been previously used in a PayPal Account. PayPal remembers a credit card's details even when it’s already been removed from the account. The information may also be remembered even if the PayPal account which linked to the credit card is closed and deleted. Try using another credit card, or assign the credit card to your PayPal account, and then pay while logged in.
- Credit Card is not confirmed in your PayPal Account Settings. If you have created an account with PayPal and the credit card has been linked to an account, but not yet confirmed, try completing all credit card information such as Card Verification Number or Security Code.
- You need to use a Paypal account in the same currency as the person holding the event's Paypal account.