One page guide for Staff Admins inviting parents to Classlist
- Make sure you have the correct years and classes listed on the School Structure page.
- Add your school logo and a photo on the School Profile page.
- Send a letter to parents saying you will be inviting them to Classlist. Here is a template letter and there are other options here.
- Then invite the parents from the Invite Parents page using their email addresses.
You can upload a csv/spreadsheet with their email and class details, or just paste in the whole school's parent emails at once to invite them. There are some advantages of specifying class when you invite them, if you can.
- Parents invited by admins in this way will be auto-approved. Parents who register without an invitation need individual approval.
- There are several other ways to invite parents too, such as generating a QR code flyer to give out at new family induction meetings. Those pre-approve families too.
- We also recommend you add details about Classlist and its logo and link to your school website and parent portal.
That is a basic launch plan. A few other pointers
- It is helpful for the PTA or parent reps to join Classlist before the other parents, so they can write a few Welcome messages and put up some events and get-togethers for parents to see when they join - so we suggest you invite some reps a few days before other parents.
- Give Class reps/PTA members ‘Class Admin’ or ‘Ambassador’ status when you invite them, or afterwards via the School Profile page. This gives them some extra features, such as creating Community events, SignUp Lists for getting volunteers, and sending Announcements
- You can invite another Staff Member to be a Classlist Staff Admin too from the School Profile page. There is more about the different admin roles here.
Our Community Playbook with more details of best practice on launching a Classlist community can be found attached below.