One page guide for Staff Admins inviting parents to Classlist on behalf of the PTA
- Update your privacy notice to cover sharing data with your PTA. More info here.
- Send a letter to parents saying you will be inviting them to Classlist. Here is a template letter and there are other options here.
- Next make sure you have the correct years and classes listed on the School Structure page.
- Then invite the parents from the Invite Parents page using their email addresses.
You can just paste in the whole school's parent emails at once to invite them - though there are some advantages of choosing class when you invite them, if you can.
- Parents invited by admins in this way will be auto-approved. Parents who register without an invitation need individual approval.
That is a basic launch plan. A few other pointers
- It is helpful for the parent reps to join Classlist before the other parents, so they can write a few Welcome messages and put up some events and get-togethers for parents to see when they join - so we suggest you invite some parent reps a few days before other parents.
- Give Class reps/PTA members ‘Class Admin’ or ‘Ambassador’ status via the School Profile page. This gives them some extra features, such as creating Community events, SignUp Lists for getting volunteers, and sending Announcements
- You can invite another Staff Member to be a Classlist Staff Admin too from the School Profile page. There is more about the different admin roles here.
Our Playbook with more details of best practice on launching a Classlist community can be found here.