You need five elements to build your ad:
- A landscape image in 4:3 format (or 620 x 400 pixels) in png or jpeg format. It is important not to cram this with too much detail or text - we recommend a minimum 24 font size. You can also add your logo or message to this image. There are several examples of ads on the dashboard - one is shown below. In general, simpler is always better for your image and text design.
- Text to go above your ad highlighting your offer, with a limit of 140 characters (including spaces);
- Your logo, in a format suitable for display inside a small circle. This circular format is widely used on social media sites (for example Facebook).
- A URL link to your website, which must start with “https://”. URLs which start with “www.” or “http://” are not sufficiently secure and we will not be able to link to them.
- Text for a Call to Action button. The default text is “View More”. You can modify this text as you wish, with a 20 character limit including spaces.
Once you have entered these elements you can view your ad on the “Preview & Payment” screen, or on by clicking “Show Preview” for each campaign on the “My Campaigns” dashboard. Your ad may occasionally be shown on webpages without the accompanying text, so incorporating a message or logo into the landscape design can be helpful. You can every element of your design at any time, at no charge.
If you want to experiment with different designs and text, the simplest way is to set up a couple of different campaigns and test what looks good. Strong simple messages are much better than trying to explain everything in 12 font typeface. Once you are happy with you can continue to the Preview and Payment final section.
One optional extra, currently offered at no additional charge, is the Instant Enquiry Form. Once a parent clicks on your advert, a form pops up asking if they would like more info. If they click again to consent to you emailing them in compliance with GDPR, we forward you their name and email. You are then free to follow up with this parent, which we recommend you do as soon as possible. Their contact details will be sent to the email address shown on your advertiser profile. If you wish to take advantage of the Instant Enquiry Form you need to provide a link to your Privacy Notice, so that parents can review this if they wish.