Parents do not have the right to a refund when they have purchased event tickets or paid via Classlist (much like if you buy cinema tickets and can't attend!). It creates work for people running events if others buy tickets and want refunds later, and so it is at the discretion of the person running the event as to whether they can offer a refund if an attendee can't come.
Making a refund
You can make refunds within Stripe, and you can also choose a part refund when you do that. In Stripe, click on 'refund' next to the payment record and you can choose an amount to refund.
NB the refund information is not passed back to Classlist to adjust the tickets. So the purchaser will still show as having tickets for your event.
Unfortunately right now you can't adjust the ticket numbers down manually yourself after a refund. [Allowing people to adjust them without a direct link to whether someone paid or was refunded would potentially cause problems with reconciling payments.]
If you wish to re-sell the tickets that were refunded, you need to add that number of tickets to the number available to sell.
* An event had 10 tickets available and sold out.
* John bought 3 tickets and then had 1 refunded
* Event tickets says 10 were available, none left
* But the creator wants to sell 10 tickets, not the 9 now sold.
* Event creator needs to put '11 tickets available' so that they collect money for 10 tickets in the end, with 1 ticket refunded but still showing in the numbers. Choose 'Edit tickets' to change the number available.
NB The number available always needs to be equal to or more than the number already sold. eg if you had 15 tickets available originally, and sold 12 but now want to stop selling any more, you need to edit tickets to 'tickets available: 12' not to 'tickets available: 0'.