Your Classlist site should now be getting some serious attention. The seeds we've been planting should now be sprouting into a freshly flourishing community, meaning this is the perfect time to go for the big push!
This step takes a little more planning, but don't worry! All the parents already on Classlist can help out. If everyone chips in it should be a breeze!
In this section, we will discuss how to:
- Plan your launch
- Gather parent email addresses
- Spread the word!
- Ask the headteacher to put in a good word
- Invite everybody!
You Will Need:
- A strong, confident team who are ready to promote Classlist to parents at the school
- A method of storing a large number of email addresses (such as Excel or Google Sheets)
- A printer
- If you have your headteacher on board, a helping hand from them would be beneficial.
1. Plan your launch
Before you begin proper it will help to have come up with a plan. Much of this will be up to you and your team but below are some tips many parents have previously found helpful:
- Make sure you set a tight sign-up deadline.This creates a sense of urgency, meaning parents will be more likely to sign up quickly. There will still be stragglers, but this should help get you over the first hurdle.
- Organise your team to work effectively. Make sure everyone knows what to do. Administrators need to be able to approve people quickly and you can work in teams to inform parents about Classlist.
- Download and print our resources. You will find a number of useful printables attached to this page. Simply download and print. They're perfect to pop into a bookbag.
- Identify a parent in each class who will help roll out. This will give you a much closer connection to each classes parents, allowing you to inform them of Classlist's benefits on a much more personal level.
- Don't be afraid to share the workload. Make sure Class Reps know they should be approving parents they recognise as they join up. This gets parents on the site ASAP so they can experience all the benefits.
2. Gather parent email addresses
The most effective way to Add & Invite parents is by gathering their email addresses. You can do this any number of ways. Make sure you upload them into a spreadsheet, you will be able to copy and paste them straight into Classlist, saving tonnes of time.
For more tips and tricks on how to collect the contact details of you parents, please click here.
Tip: Make sure you sort your collected emails into each Class.
3. Spread the word
You need to get the parents talking about Classlist. Once you get them interested and create a buzz at the school, the parents will become more receptive. You can find posters and printables and view some tried and tested advice from other Classlist Ambassadors. Alternatively, you can check out the Classlist Forum!
4. Ask the headteacher to put in a good word (optional)
A helpful nudge from the head can do wonders when rolling out Classlist. The headteacher's official stamp of approval often signifies to parents that they should get on quickly. Do not worry if your head doesn't want to get on board. Classlist is designed for parents by parents. As such it is not required for the school to be on board.
5. Invite everybody!
Just navigate to the Add & Invite page once you log in to Classlist. From here you will be able to copy and paste the emails you have collected.
Enter the name of the class you wish to invite, then copy and paste in that classes email addresses and click send.
Repeat for each class.
Congratulations! The parents should now come flooding in over the next few days. Make sure you and your Class Reps keep an eye on the approval requests.