Some schools have facilitated their raffles online using the Classlist Event ticketing system and have given us feedback that it saved lots of time and made both the PTA and parents' lives easier! During Covid you may want to consider a virtual raffle.
We can't operate a raffle or lottery ourselves as Classlist, so you would still need to meet the regulations around operating a raffle. But you could use our events feature to sell tickets/take payments that would entitle people to take part in your raffle.
- Name the event ‘Prize Draw’
- Attach a document with photos of your prizes - or list them in the event description
- Issue say 1000 events tickets at £1 each (and use Stripe to collect the money)
- Parents can select the number of tickets they want.
- These event tickets entitle parents to a raffle ticket
- Use the Classlist report of ticket sales to prepare your ticket to put 'in the hat'.
Eg Add a ticket number to each ticket sold (each row in the report). You could drag the numbers down to autofill them.
- if you want to print out the tickets to draw them, you could increase the row depth of your printout of your downloaded report to make each big enough to cut up to make a ticket.
Or you could use random number generator software to pick a number if you want to do the whole thing electronically.
- You may want to video stream the prize draw and show the prizes.
Classlist takes no responsibility for raffles run in this way. Please ensure you meet all the usual regulations required to run a raffle.
NB Stripe payments fees are 1.2% plus 20p per transaction for charities. Classlist charges 1% on transactions over £3, nothing on transactions under £3. These are the lowest fees for any comparable platform.