The marketplace or listings section is for parents to buy, sell, give away or post 'help wanted' requests. Parents can also post to lost and found. Here are rules about what is and is not allowed to be posted on the Marketplace:
- Buying and selling personal items
- Individual parents listing properties for rent or for sale
- Individual parents offering jobs
- Pet adoption or re-homing is allowed (but selling of pets is not)
- Parents can ask for a recommendation
- Non-Commercial services such as one-off informal babysitting
NB: You must not post items for sale or rent anywhere other than the Marketplace eg in class/year groups or whole school (if this is enabled at your school). If you repeatedly post items outside the Marketplace, your posts may be removed. This is to prevent clogging up the group feeds: the Marketplace is deliberately kept separate so that members can decide for themselves whether to see this type of content.
Using members' details for marketing or other similar purposes.
The following types of posts are not allowed on the Marketplace (or elsewhere on Classlist)
- Listing items or services that you or a friend are selling for a business or as part of an incentive sales programme
- Estate agents listing properties
- Personal ads
- Pet sales. For animal welfare reasons, we do not allow the sale of animals
- Commercial services are not allowed, including babysitting as a business service
- Events that a business will make money from
NB: You can buy advertising space on Classlist. If you would like to advertise your business or service on Classlist please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Users who post a listing must confirm that the information they have posted is true to the fullest extent of their knowledge. Classlist holds no responsibility for user-created content: buyers are advised to research or test any goods before purchase.
For advice on creating an effective post, please visit our Best Practice page.
We track and act upon all member reports and there is a report button on every member profile and every post.
If you have any concerns or questions contact us on email@example.com
Article is closed for comments.