Here are our best practices for selling on Classlist.
- Post items in the Marketplace section and choose a category
This will ensure that your post will be included in the Classlist weekly Digest. The Digest goes out on a Thursday evening at 6pm (7pm in British Summertime). Posts appear in order with the newest at the top, but if someone has commented on a post it will be bumped up to the top of the list. Choosing a category makes it easier for parents to search the Marketplace if there are a lot of posts.
- Attach photos of your item.
Parents will be more likely to purchase your item if they can see recent photos of it. While a good description is nice, a photo is worth a thousand words.
- Include the price.
If the price is negotiable, you can state the amount you are hoping to get for the item followed by "OBO," which means "or best offer."
- State the condition of the item.
If there are any defects or issues with the item, be sure to mention them so that interested parties are not surprised later.
- Reply privately to those who are interested.
If a member wishes to purchase your item or come by to see it, send them a private message to make the arrangements.
- Indicate when the item has sold.
Once your item has sold, mark your post as complete. This will save you from receiving responses to an already complete sale.
- The Marketplace is for parent to parent personal selling such as second hand bikes, holiday homes, outgrown school kit. If you would like to promote your business or a service you or a friend charges for please advertise on Classlist via firstname.lastname@example.org!