Choosing Between SignUp Lists or Event Tickets for an event with Time Slots
When planning an event that requires scheduling appointments or time slots such as Santa’s Grotto, we have two options available: sign-up lists and event tickets. Below are some points to help you decide which suits your event best.
1. Sign Up Lists
SignUp Lists were created to help coordinate volunteer rotas, however, they can be used to reserve a particular time slot at an event.
- Most suited to free events or cash on the day events.
- Slots are automatically generated so less data entry is required.
- You can specify the slot length and the number of places available.
- You can have multiple slots on the same list and lists on the same event.
2. Event Tickets
This involves setting up one event with multiple tickets and adding the time slot to the ticket title.
- Most suited to paid events.
- Parents can book the slot and pay for it at the same time in one transaction.
- You can download the list to a spreadsheet.
- Parents can easily view tickets from the event page.