If you are having trouble logging in there could be several reasons, luckily most are easy to fix and shouldn't be difficult to resolve.
Passwords are case sensitive. If you have entered both your email and password correctly, check to see if your caps lock key is on. Your device might also try to capitalise the first letter of a word.
Email Not Recognised
- If your email address is not recognised check if you made a typo in your email when trying to login.....!
- Did you definitely register with this email address? Lots of people forget which email they registered with. eg Our system will not recognise @googlemail.com as they same email as @gmail.com
- If you made a typing error when you registered, then the system won't recognise your email address if you enter it correctly subsequently...
- However, if you have just registered on the app, then after you are approved you will be logged in automatically using the details you gave on registration. Since August 2018 you will be notified within a few minutes of approval if we think you made a typo in your email (if the confirmation email we send you bounces back). You can go to your profile in the app and correct the email.
- If you still cannot work out why your email is not recognised please try registering again on our website with your correct email. If you are able to register again it means that your email address is not held in our system.
- After logging in with the second account look in your class on the Contacts page to see if you can see another account with a typo in the email. You could delete an account with a typo by logging in with those details.
- If you believe you are registered but can't work out what details you used please ask an Ambassador at your school to check your registered email address for typos.
Logging in from a work network
- If your email is correct but can't login from a work computer for instance, the issue could be down to a firewall. We are aware that in a very small number of cases, work-related firewalls and computer systems can block access to Classlist. A simple way to test this is to try and log in to Classlist via your mobile phone using 3G/4G (not Wi-Fi). If the system lets you log in using the same email, the issue on your computer could be down to a firewall, but this is unusual.
If you still need to login on such a work computer, please contact your employer's IT support department and ask them to white-list the Classlist site and all sub-domains as follows:
Finally, if you are still completely stuck you can 'Submit a Help Request' and we will look into your issue. Give us your full name and the email that you think you registered with.
However, please do go through the above steps before contacting us, as most problems logging in are simply due to user typos!
If you have forgotten the password to your account you can submit a password reset by following these steps:
- Select 'I forgot my password' underneath the 'Sign in' button.
- Enter the email address you used to create your Classlist account and select the 'Reset Password' button.
- You will receive an email containing a secure link to the password reset page.
- Simply enter a new, secure password twice
- Then sign in to Classlist.
Troubleshooting for password reset emails
- If you can't find your reset password email please search by the sender email@example.com to find messages from Classlist.
- Check your spam and any other inboxes, as searching your inbox won't automatically search those as well.
- If you find the password reset message from Classlist is in spam please make sure you select 'not spam' or 'move to inbox' so that future messages from Classlist do not go to your spam.
- If you cannot find a password reset email from us at all this is occasionally because emails from Classlist to your email account have been rejected by your server previously (eg if your server is full, or if you marked Classlist as spam by mistake previously).
If our emails have bounced back from you before then our system may not send you a password reset email subsequently. If that is the case you will need to contact our Help Desk to ask them to investigate and sort this out so that you start to receive emails from Classlist again.
- If you had marked Classlist as spam please note that you have full control over which types of emails you receive from us by going to your Profile and updating your preferences on the Notifications page. You can opt to have no emails or just a weekly digest if you prefer.
If you have changed your password recently, make sure you update your browsers autofill settings. Browsers cannot tell when you have updated your password, and as such will try and enter your old password until you type in the new one.
Contact the Helpdesk team
If none of this resolves the problem our Help Desk can reset the password for you. You can click on the 'Create help ticket/Submit a request' button at top right of the help screen if you are on a desktop, or select the 'Help and training' option from the main menu on your mobile and click 'Contact us'.