Q. With less people carrying cash then ever how do you make it easy for parents to pay at school events?
A. Classlist can help you to collect money from parents who have a debit/credit card with them instead of using cash. As a bonus this also reduces volunteer time spent cash counting.
Step 1 - Create an Event
- Set up the event you want to take payments at - such as a Bake Sale
- Add tickets for items you are selling eg Plate of Biscuits £3, Chocolate cake £5.
- And/Or add a donation option, and do not specify an amount - this donation can be used if you are taking payments and will be adding up a few items that you don't want to pre-specify. Then the parent can pay £5.50 or whatever the total cost is.
Step 2 - Take payments
- On the event dashboard, get the link to your event. if the event is for families at your school get the Classlist members link, if it is for the public get the guest checkout link. You could also get both links!
- Get a QR code for the event link(s).
- Print the QR code and put it on the table. Now when parents say "I don't have any cash" you can ask them to scan the QR code and make a payment for the agreed total in front of you.