One page guide for Staff Admins inviting parents to Classlist
- Set up your account at our website
- Make sure you have the correct years and classes listed on the School Structure page.
- Add your school logo and a photo on the School Profile page.
- Send a letter to parents saying you will be inviting them to Classlist shortly. Here is a template letter and there are other options here.
- Then invite the parents from the Invite Parents page using their email addresses. An invitation will be sent when you input the emails and choose 'send'. You can either upload a csv/spreadsheet with their email and class details, or you can actually just copy and paste in the whole school's parent emails at once to invite them quickly, without specifying class.
There are some advantages of specifying class when you invite them, if you can.
- Parents invited by admins in this way with their email address will be auto-approved. These parents will receive admin announcements sent once they have been invited, meaning that all parents can be reached by your admins via Classlist right away.
- There are several other ways to invite parents too, such as generating a QR code flyer to give out at new family induction meetings. Those pre-approve families too.
- Parents who register without an invitation need individual approval by an admin.
- We also recommend you add details about Classlist and its logo and link to your school website and parent portal.
That is a basic launch plan. A few other pointers
- It is helpful for the PTA or parent reps to join Classlist before the other parents, so they can write a few Welcome messages and put up some events and get-togethers for parents to see when they join
- You can give the reps their admin status on Classlist when sending them an email invitation here. Admin status gives them the extra features they will need, such as creating Community events and sending Announcements to any group of parents. Alternatively, after they register, give Class reps/PTA members Class Admin or Ambassador status via the School Profile page. A summary of the admin roles is here.
- Ask the PTA Chair to write a welcome message on the School Profile page - that is sent to new joiners 24 hours after they join
- You can invite another Staff Member to be a Classlist Staff Admin too from the School Profile page. There is more about the different admin roles here.
Our Community Playbook with more details of best practice on launching a Classlist community can be found attached below.
- We offer a set up consultation for schools on the paid Pro version of Classlist. Once you have set up an account let us know and we can go through any questions you have before launch.
We recommend your PTA have a demo of Classlist before launch. Book that here.
- We also offer training for 2 members of your PTA on community management if you are on the Pro paid plan.