The creator of an event can cancel it at any time before the event's start date.
Cancelled events disappear from the parent event pages.
However the event and guest details remain in the admin area for event owners to see and access the info. Event details can be duplicated for use in the future, saving you time.
Cancelled events can't be deleted completely for the reason that we used to do this and often had PTAs contacting us to ask for data to be retrieved from an event they had chosen to cancel and delete!
To cancel an event:
- Go to the 'Events' page via the menu bar.
- Select the event you'd like to cancel.
- Go to the menu at the top right of Classlist
- Click 'Cancel Event'.
- You can choose whether or not to notify invited guests that your event is cancelled.
- Classlist will send an email to invitees notifying them that the event has been cancelled - you can edit the text of the email in the pop up box.
- Press 'yes, cancel' to cancel your event or 'no thanks' if you have changed your mind.
- If you are not an event owner you cannot cancel it, but if it is a Community Event and an event owner is no longer available to do it themselves, you can ask Classlist support to remove it for you.
- Before an event has been published it can be deleted. Once it has been published it needs to be cancelled.
- The sample event ('Outdoor Movie Night') cannot be deleted because this is intended to show parents what the events feature looks like. The sample event will disappear down the event list as you add more of your own events.
- Once the date for an event has passed, it can't be cancelled from Classlist. It will disappear into Past Events in the events lists.
- Cancelled events remain in the admin area of Classlist so the info is not lost (there were a lot of cancelled events during Covid!). Cancelled events are in a separate section below past events.
Article is closed for comments.