If your app notifications are a) turned on within your Classlist profile, and b) notifications for Classlist are turned on with your phone settings, but you still aren't receiving app notifications there is probably a setting on your phone which is overriding our app and stopping the notifications being shown to you.
- battery options can put apps into the background and suppress notifications
- Android Clean Master phone optimiser and anti-viral software may also turn off some notifications
- on iPhones they can 'offload apps' if the phone is getting full - this doesn't fully delete the app but basically need to download an app again to use it, and notifications won't be sent if the app is offloaded. If the phone is getting very full the iPhone may offload apps you use frequently.
Here are some solutions. We haven't tried them all so let us know how you get on - you can contact us by creating a help ticket (top right).
1) See this article about Android battery options:
2) And this is how to turn off Android Clean Master:
Go into 'settings', 'apps', then press the 3 dots for the menu, and chose 'special access'. In the special access menu, choose the option called Notification Access. Turn off Clean Master and Antivirus and any other possible security/antivirus apps that may have been controlling the notifications.
3) on iPhone go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage and check whether you have 'offload unused apps' enabled. This is generally when your phone is getting full of photos and videos or apps so you may need to clear some space if you want to turn it off.
You can tell if Classlist has been 'offloaded' - when you click on the app on your phone if shows a timer on the app as it is re-downloading it.