Whole School Posts: an optional feature
Some Classlist communities really love that their members can share content with the whole school; others tell us that their members are overwhelmed by too many un-targeted posts. We have listened to you all and our developers have found a solution which should suit everyone!
From the end of October 2018 the ability for regular parent members to post to the whole school will be an optional function, which Ambassadors will be able to enable or disable for their community. New schools signing up will have the whole school post function turned off by default, while it will remain turned on for existing communities unless their Ambassadors turn the feature off. Click here for information on this feature for admins.
If the whole school post function is turned off for your Classlist community:
- Parent members are not able to post to 'whole school' when posting on Groups or the Parentboard. If you (as a parent member) select whole school from the drop down you will be given the option of contacting your admin team, or posting on the Marketplace where you can select an appropriate category (lost & found, for sale etc). See image below.
NB: if you select 'contact your admin team' you can copy your original post and send it to the admins to check and post on your behalf if they feel it is appropriate. Alternatively if you are likely to need to post often to the whole school, with items of genuine whole community interest, you can ask to be made a community rep, which gives you the admin rights to be able to post to the whole school yourself.
- Members with admin rights will be able to post content to the whole school.
- Marketplace posts can still be displayed to the whole school. Notifications for Marketplace posts will not change, ie items in Marketplace are displayed in the Weekly Digest but notifications are not issued on publication of the post.
- Whole school posts published prior to the feature being turned off will remain visible and can be commented on.
If the whole school post function is turned on for your Classlist community:
- Parent members will be able to select whole school but will be shown a prompt to check the post is really relevant for the whole school (see image below). Recipients will receive a notification in the same way as other types of post, unless they have opted out of receiving them.
NB: Notifications and alerts for whole school posts will be consistent with other types of post.